Sunday, January 10, 2010

7 Questions

Yemaya is a diviner. She stole the secrets of shell reading from her husband and has been going strong every since. Tonight, I wasn't up for a long journey so I pulled out my Mermaid Tarot and did a reading for myself. I asked Yemaya's guidance, using the type of divination with which I was most familiar. I did use a full deck, and here are the questions and answers.

1. Who was I when I first came to you?
The Hermit: Alone, seeking truth and knowledge, and a place to be.

2. Who am I now?
Death: Change and transformation, preparing for one life to end as I begin a new stage of life.

3. How is the work I'm doing?
Judgement: looking ans assessing myself, release from post mistakes. She forgives me, but I beat myself up. Also, I've been working on my Queenly discernment and I often find myself judging others.

4. Who will I be in the future?
Strength: courage to go forward and do that which needs to be done, despite fear. Courage that comes from her.

5. What work do you have for me in the future?
The Hanged Man: Sacrifice and submission, learning to better listen and follow her instructions. There is also an element of not knowing and not being told, of waiting for the future without worrying about it over much.

6. What should I work on most?
The High Priestess: Feminine mysteries, magic and power. Developing myself as a priestess and delving even further into my relationship with her.

7. What else should I know?
Knight of Swords: Go forth boldly and without fear knowing you are unstoppable. Also, since this one is a minor arcana and the rest were majors, I'm inclined to place less value on this one.

It is late and I am tired. In a few days I'll meditate more on each of these and write up a more detailed answer to each of these questions. I also need to come up with a list of questions that can be asked each year on the anniversary of the head wash as part of my obligations.

No comments:

Post a Comment